Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Herb Marinated Shrimp



Have I mentioned my favorite kitchen gadget yet?  Probably not since I am behind on my posts, so I'll take a moment to fill you in, it's the Cuisinart Immersion Blender.  This little magic wand mixes up smoothies and sauces super fast without having to pull out the food processor or blender, which makes clean up a breeze. I've used it several times a day since I got it on Mother's Day. I've wanted one for years and had I known exactly how wonderful it is, I would have gotten one much sooner.

Today's recipe is a product of the new immersion blender.  The marinade has a number of fresh herbs from the garden, which were blended down into yummy goodness. I used rosemary, basil and oregano, but use whatever you have. Dried herbs could be used in place of fresh if that's all you have on hand. Another note, I use a grill pan for this recipe because it makes life easy, but if you don't have one you could put the shrimp on skewers.  Either way this dish is fast, so make sure you have everything else ready before you put the shrimp on the grill.


Herb Marinated Shrimp


1 part red wine vinegar
1 part water
3 parts olive oil
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
Two sprigs fresh rosemary, removed from the stem
several leaves fresh basil
several leaves fresh oregano
1 1/2 lbs jumbo tiger shrimp, shelled and deveined

Mix the marinade ingredients in a beaker or large measuring cup with an immersion blender, or mix in a blender. Pour over shrimp and marinate for several hours.

Preheat grill.  Spray a grill pan with cooking spray and set it on the grill for 2-3 minutes to heat it up.  Spoon the shrimp into the pan with a slotted spoon and discard the remaining marinade. Cook quickly over medium high heat, stirring frequently.  Once the shrimp are pink and begin to curl, they are cooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment