Monday, May 20, 2013

Fish in Foil Packets



The other night I was making dinner and taking the usual pictures in case I wanted to include any of the dishes on the blog.  Well as I clicked, I ran out of space on the disk.  You know that means?  It means I've been cooking and taking pictures, but I have not been getting the recipes up on the Witchery page. I downloaded the pics yesterday, and I can tell you there is some good stuff coming your way.

Like today's recipe, which is an oldie but a goodie.  I have to admit I am not a fish fan.  It's just not my thing, but I know it's a good lean source of protein so I keep working it in.  This particular recipe is one of my favorites, and it is also a big hit with my picky eater.  I think what I like about it is how it is cooked in moist heat, plus the lemon juice and veggies give it great flavor.  Okay, it's also super easy.

This recipe uses turbot fillets and a selection of herbs and veggies.  You can use any fish and veggies you like.  Also fresh herbs are not required, but they are a nice addition.


Fish in Foil Packets
3-4 servings


1.25 lbs turbot fillet
olive oil
juice of 1 lemon
kosher salt
black pepper
15 asparagus spears
1 small red onion, sliced
handful of snow peas
1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
fresh herbs such as parsley and thyme

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Cut a foil piece large enough to encase one serving of fish and veggies for each serving and place on a baking sheet. Drizzle a little olive oil onto each sheet.  Place the fish on the sheet and season with salt and pepper.  Place the veggies on top of the fish and then top with the herbs.  Drizzle with a bit more olive oil and the juice of the lemon.  Season with a little more salt and pepper and seal the packets completely.  Bake for 15-20 minutes.  Check the fish for after 15 minutes.  Fish should be opaque and flake when it is done, be careful not to overcook.

No comments:

Post a Comment