Friday, January 24, 2014

Parchment Roasted Salmon



Sometimes the simplest cooking ideas are the best. That's how I feel about this Salmon recipe. Nothing about it is earth shattering, except how fabulous it tastes.  

The trick to this recipe is the parchment paper. Parchment paper is one of my new favorite things. It seems to have made my mediocre cookies into great cookies, so I wondered would it do the same for my salmon recipe?  I know could cook this dish without it, and it would be quite tasty and good.  I also know clean up would be a bit of a pain. But besides the clean up, what would the parchment do for me?  Cooking fish using parchment isn't a new concept, but mostly it seems that folks like to wrap fish inside the parchment and basically steam it.  This is not what I was looking for. I wanted something more crispy and brown, something with a roasted rustic taste.  I got it. 

Parchment Roasted Salmon

1 1/2 lbs salmon about an inch thick

Marinade:
1-2 tablespoons olive oil
Juice of one lemon
1 clove garlic pressed
3/4 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
salt and pepper to taste

1 sheet of parchment paper

Combine the marinade ingredients.  Preheat oven to 450 degrees.  Set wire rack in boiler pan and then lay the parchment paper on top.  Place the fish on the parchment paper.  Pour the marinade over the fish and let is set for 10-15 minutes.


Put the pan in the oven and roast for about 10 minutes, then turn the heat on broil and brown for about 5 minutes or until the fish is cooked to your liking.  

No comments:

Post a Comment