Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Moroccan Chicken Thighs



Once again I find myself thawing a pack of chicken thighs and needing something new to do with them, have you been there?  I am sure that you have.  I spend a good amount of time surfing Pinterest looking for recipes and today's post is the product from one of those searches.  I came across a kabob recipe on Womenist Women Interest, and decided a with a little modification I could apply it to my chicken thighs.

The marinade is super simple starting with nice fresh herbs.  Once you blend it up, the scent is awesome.  Since I was using thighs and not boneless breast chunks, plus it was raining so no grill, I utilized an oven roasting method that I use for another thigh recipe. The result was perfectly cooked chicken with wonderful Moroccan flavors.

Moroccan Chicken Thighs
Modified from Womenist Women Interest Grilled Moroccan Chicken

3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 scallions, white with some green chopped
1/3 cup chopped parsley
1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 cloves garlic, pressed
2 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
¼ black pepper
6 chicken thighs

Put the marinade ingredients in a food processor and pulse until well mixed. If you don't have a food processor use a blender or mince the herbs and scallions until fine and then mix by hand.

Wash thighs and trim excess fat and skin.  Find a spot on the thigh and carefully run your finger under the skin to create a pocket.

Put about a tablespoon or two of the marinade in each pocket.  Then put the thighs in a zip lock bag and pour in the remaining marinade.

Refrigerate for at least a half an hour, but several hours is even better.

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Arrange the chicken thighs in a roasting pan. Roast for 20 minutes, then reduce the heat to 400 degrees and cook another 25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment